Last Updated on Monday, 22 April 2013 13:48
As part of our work supporting grandparents providing informal childcare for their grandchildren, we are awarding Hub Status to Children’s Centres who have been particularly successful in supporting childcaring grandparents.
If you are interested in the work being done in our HUBS and would like to know more email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why support childcaring grandparents?More
What is a HUB?More
Who currently has HUB status?
Currently there are four Hub Children’s Centres:
Coram’s Fields Children’s Centre
93 Guilford Street, London WC1N 1DN
Elmhurst Sure Start Children’s Centre
Elmhurst Infant School, Dunsham Lane, Aylesbury ,Buckinghamshire, HP20 2DB
Seacroft Children’s Centre
South Parkway, LEEDS, LS14 6EP
Paulsgrove Children's Centre Portsmouth.
Cheltenham Road, Paulsgrove, Portsmouth, Hants, PO6 3PL
News from our hubs
• Seacroft Children’s Centre - read how they are supporting grandparents more
• Coram's Fields Children's Centre - read how they are supporting grandparents more
• GPA Hubs initiative highlighted in Nursery World
• Paulsgrove Children's Centre - read how they are supporting grandparents more
• Elmhurst Sure Start Children’s Centre’s - grandparent and toddler group more
• Poster templates - coming soon
• Grandparents’ comments on the value of grandparent and toddler groups
• Currently being piloted by hubs: A Family childcare checklist designed for use by either mums returning to work who are planning for their parents look after the children or by the grandparents offering informal childcare.
Useful downloadable materials to support grandparents providing informal childcare
• Information Pack
• Family Childcare Checklists - for mums / for grandparents
• Help and Information for grandparents
CALLING CHILDEN’S CENTRES AND OTHER FAMILY SUPPORT SERVICES
Would you like to receive a regular e-zine about the work The Grandparents’ Association and news not just on grandparents providing invaluable informal childcare for their grandchildren, but kinship carers, those who have lost contact with their grandchildren, and information the rights and benefits due to grandchildren? The e-zine will include case histories and links to the latest email@example.com
+ 1 + 1