Help & support
Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 February 2013 17:46
The Grandparents’ Association has been working for and with grandparents for many years. It is the views and concerns of grandparents that have shaped and developed our unique and confidential services. Many of these services are run by volunteers – most of whom are grandparents.
Our helpline operates five days a week. If you call at busy times or after hours you can leave your details and we will contact you. Confidential support is offered by fully trained staff and volunteers but there is also a range of information and downloadable factsheet on this site – see the ‘information’ section below.
Whatever your problem you can contact us by:
WELFARE BENEFITS SERVICE:
The Grandparents’ Association is the only organisation with a dedicated welfare benefits services for grandparents. It is run by expert trained advisors, and specialises in welfare advice together with information on small claims and family holidays for those in need. Our information and advice has been developed to cover all the major financial and benefits issues experienced by grandparents
We have many referrals from Citizen Advice Bureaus and other welfare organisations. In the last year alone the Grandparents’ Association has helped access over £350,000 in benefits due to grandparents
You can contact us by:
We have several support groups around the country specifically for grandparents who have either lost contact with their grandchildren, or are carers for them. We also give advice and support for grandparents wanting to set up a support group in their area.
Our specialist information cover all the issues that concern grandparents, with a particular focus on those denied contact with their grandchildren, or are kinship carers.
- Factsheets: free to download, and will be sent free to grandparents - available in discounted bulk supplies for professionals
- Reports: these highly regarded research based reports are available at discount prices for members.
- Newsletters: quarterly newsletters bringing you up to date with the latest news.
- Ezine: if you have an email we can add you to our online ezine. bringing you up to date with news as necessary.
email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our subscriber list.
- News and views: we offer an up to date news services on our site which also includes polls and access to government consultations to enable grandparents to have their voice heard.
All volunteers undertake extensive training enabling them to acquire new skills. Many work from home and are mentored by our experienced staff.
LISTEN TO OUR STORIES
Grandparents tell us how much they like to hear the stories of other grandparents. Our Stories are videoed interviews with grandparents covering a range of concerns. More
- Professionals - We are always looking for lawyers to join our membership and who are part of the Family Law Panel. We remain the only national membership organisation for grandparents involved in private and public law. The Lawyers List meets the increasing need for advice and help for grandparents who are seeking contact or care of their grandchildren every day.
- Looking for a lawyer? - Our lawyer list is only made up of lawyers who are on the Family Law Panel and as such experienced in any family issues you may have.
+ 3 + 2